Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Blood Legacy

Blood Legacy by Marianne Morea

Jan 19, 2013

Blood LegacyBlood Legacy by Marianne Morea

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Freedom fighter, Carlos Salazar, lived by his sword, fighting evil in the guise of righteousness and the atrocities carried out in the name of God—until the night he met true evil. Three hundred years later, he still walks in darkness, his only solace the hope that one day he will find absolution and a purpose under heaven for his cursed existence. Can forgiveness transcend time and heal a broken soul? Even if it is no longer human?

Trina Markham’s life was ordinary—until a chance meeting with the man of her dreams. Alarmed by the intensity of their attraction, dangerous passions ignite when she falls head over heels for this dark stranger. But when she finds herself thrust into a world she never knew existed, her life becomes a legacy of blood and lies, a nightmare where the monsters are real. Can she be saved from this nightmare, even if it means choosing death?

This story starts with just enough interest and action to keep you engaged but make no mistake, this is a romance. The fact that it is filled with action in various places do not stop the main thrust from being Carlos’ attraction to Trina. This is your usual entertaining story about love , romance and the problems that come with it. Carlos’ was turned hundreds of years ago in a violent act and has been struggling with his humanity because he promised his first love that he would remain the decent person that he was before his life was changed forever.
This is a love story that spans hundreds of years and has several nice plot twists and peaks into the past that make you feel more a part of Carlos’. Trina the girl with seemingly no real direction is working as a waitress at an old church turned nightclub which plays a part in the beginning to let Carlos’ know that Trina is more than she seems.
The story is engaging and even in the parts of introspection it stays interesting. There are a few surprises along the way which astute readers can see coming in a general sense but that does not take away from the entertainment value of this novel.
If I have any complaints it would be that the majority of the secondary characters are somewhat 2 dimensional (with a couple of notable exceptions). This small note does little to impede the enjoyment of the reader but you got the feeling there was going to be more to some of them that never really materialized.
Blood Legacy combines romance, action and character development in a good mix that results in a very satisfied feeling at the end. This is probably about 4.5 Stars (a bit more or less depending on the reader) but I consider it a highly recommended reading experience. The sexual level of this novel is probably quite a bit above YA but short of erotic, good passion and emotional involvement. This will feed your revenge junkie a bit and sooth your White Knight syndrome a bit also, got it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Legacy.

message 1: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Doug....I always enjoy reading your reviews and really trust your opinion. I like when you indicate if the romance is the main plot of a book or if it is secondary because I prefer when it is the focal point of a book. The last line of your review was great. I'll be adding this book to my wish list so I don't forget about it.

Douglas Meeks Kristen wrote: "Doug....I always enjoy reading your reviews and really trust your opinion. I like when you indicate if the romance is the main plot of a book or if it is secondary because I prefer when it is the f..."
Nothing like a bit of pressure on a guy :) What I like about her writing in this book is there is just enough sexual passion to make it an adult novel but you don't get a ton of details you REALLY don't want :) This is a story about a guy with a terrible past who really wants to impress a woman who is a bit demanding (at least until she understands him a bit)