Amanda's Reviews > Like Water for Chocolate

Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel

Apr 22, 09

bookshelves: recommended-by-others, 2009
Recommended to Amanda by: Zeke, regarding lovers and pie
Recommended for: people in love, sexy folk, and romantics
Read in April, 2009, read count: 1

Fuck. My heart is beating hard these days. Poor Tita makes it beat harder. A beautiful sad story of forbidden love and orgasmic passion, Tita and Pedro's tale is the hope that love IS enough after all. At that life is worth living...

Three stars for the book in general, plus one because I'm feeling so "in love" these days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like Water for Chocolate.

04/22/2009 page 246
100.0% "Tears galore."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sweet pea What a wonderful little gem of a book!!!

Amanda A very very cute boy recommended it to me!
I just finished reading the part where her sister ran naked out from the shower and reached into a steamy embrace with a man atop a horse. Beautiful.

message 3: by Holli (new) - added it

Holli I've been told I should read this one...should I? :)

Amanda So far, I'd say yes! But read it when you're feeling passionate! :)

Amanda There are recipes at the beginning of each chapter, and I told my boyfriend that I want to make them all with him. (He's the one that recommended the book to me.) I think it would be so romantic to cook these particular recipes with him.

*sigh*

message 6: by Holli (new) - added it

Holli That's very sweet..... I like that! I'm going to read it. I gotta see what this is all about.

message 7: by Misha (new)

Misha I'm glad you have a cute, cute boy who recommends books to you. :)

Amanda Me, too! He quite suddenly came out of nowhere, and we fit together so very well. *le sigh*

message 9: by Holli (new) - added it

Holli YAY! I knew you would find your person.....your "other half".....that's wonderful Amanda!

Amanda Fingers crossed... I haven't seen the future yet. :)

message 11: by Misha (new)

Misha If all the lights inside you can be lit at once, your heart will burst, and infinity becomes permanent.

Is this an Amanda original or a line from the book? I'd kind of like to quote it. :)

I love that feeling of being ridiculously happy and in love and feeling like you fit with someone. I just wish I could get that returned from someone. I shall continue to live in hope. It's never too late as long as I'm still breathing, right? But I'm really happy you have that, Amanda. Everyone should have that at least once.

message 12: by Amanda (last edited Apr 22, 2009 10:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amanda That's an Amanda original. :) The book talks about a book of matches inside each of us and each time one gets lit, we have that happy feeling inside.

NEVER too late, my dear one. Never ever ever.

message 13: by Holli (new) - added it

Holli Oh my god I will love this book if it invokes that kind of sentiment from you.....