Amy's Reviews > The Icing on the Cake

The Icing on the Cake by Elodia Strain

Mar 31, 09

bookshelves: romance
Read in March, 2009

Annabelle Pleasanton (sorry, but I'm not digging her name) has just been given a writing assignment from her boss. She really has to give this one her all after her previous failure as a writer on Central Coast Living. The only problem is, every time she attempts to make an impression every thing seems to go wrong. The same can be said for her new love interest, Isaac. Every time Annabelle thinks she's making headway with Isaac, her boyfriend-snatching enemy, Rona, shows up to ruin things. On top of all that she is trying to successfully put together the menu for her best friend's surprise bridal shower. Will she be able to get it all together or will everything fall apart?

This book was seriously funny. It had a lot of embarrassing moments and funny twists and turns. I found the main character's interaction with the reader to be quite hilarious as well. Annabelle's inner voice is so saucy.
I highly recommend this book, and I know there is a sequel too title Previously Engaged. I will definitely be reading it.

A few quotes from the book:
"Enchante," Patrique said, kissing me on my hand. It kind of shocked me, and when he removed his lips from the top of my hand, there was a blob of saliva just sitting there. He looked at me as if he had left it there as some sort of treat for me.
I tried to hide my disgust as I wiped my hand on my pants. I almost felt sorry for them. I mean, they were nice pants. But it was either me or them.

My mind began to race with ideas for how to get the ring off my finger. I went over the options in my mind.
Option one: Find some string and tie it to a doorknob and then slam the door shut.
No. That's for loose teeth not tight rings.
Option Two: Ask Lisa to give the ring a tug.
No. I don't think tat will go over too well.
Option Three: Use the slippery hand lotion in my bag to coat my finger, then tug and hope for the best.
Okay. I'll give that one a try.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Icing on the Cake.

03/30/2009 page 99