Vania's Reviews > Fade

Fade by Lisa McMann

Mar 30, 2009

bookshelves: my-shelf
Read in March, 2009

Lisa McMann blew me away with this second book. I was uncontrollably gripping the book till the last word. Janie's story unravels--literally. She gets into some compromising situations and I was left breathless, panting after--anticipating the outcomes.

I was wonderfully absorbed into Cabel's emotional state. His flaws--his insecurities, history and his want for safety sets him apart and makes him so wonderfully real and lovable. His battle with Janie's actions, her desires and her hopes and dreams tug at my heart string with every moment we spend with them together. I was left teary eyed, even bawling at times, over their battle between want and need. Cable's internal battle was especially hard to read, but nonetheless I was rooting him on, hoping for a happy ending.

Janie, oh Janie. My heart aches for her. She comes to make some tough choices and I see her as such a strong character, a true heroine. To go through what she goes through and yet she comes out wanting an even better future . I admire her.

What I do have to say about the writing-- even though some outcomes and actions pan out in a predictable manner I am still completely engrossed in Janie's experience of it and her emotional attachment to the people, places, and events that I overlook the fact that I know what happens next. (I will talk more about this Thursday, if you're interested in knowing what I'm talking about.) The book is darker, more angst filled But in the end, I was relieved. Somewhat. I want to know how it ends. I hope to God it has a happy ending. I want them to. After all the struggles and tribulation they went through, it needs to happen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade.

Quotes Vania Liked

Lisa McMann
“Oh baby," he whispers. Steps back. Out of the doorway. His face ashen. He walks slowly back to the kitchen. Leans over the counter. Puts his head in his hands. His hair falls over his fingers.

The bathroom door clicks shut.

She stays there for a long time.

He's pulling his hair out.”
Lisa McMann, Fade

Kiara Harter Cabel is PERFECT!!!!