Vee's Reviews > Deep in the Heart of Trouble

Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deeanne Gist

Apr 20, 09

Read in April, 2009

I read this over the course of 3 days. It was really sweet. This is a book I had been asking the Lord to bring to me for a long time. I obtained this through the author as a donation for a charity function I am involved in every year. It was raffled off as a door prize and I won!! I gave it to my mother in law as a Christmas present. My mother in law liked this very much and she gave it to me to read before she donates it to her church library. I didn’t really know what to expect from a “Christian” romance novel. I thought it would be boring. I was so wrong! Everyone’s faith in the Lord is peppered throughout the novel and just a part of their personality just like mine. Doesn’t mean the characters are without sin. The main character is so charming. Reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. She’s so different and strong yet can be so vulnerable.

Esther (Essie) is the main character who helps her father run an oil business. It’s hilarious to read how derricks were just part of the landscape back then and the movement of using rotary tools from the cable tools. Really interesting. The Baker brothers make an appearance and give a demonstration of their product. Really cool!!
The heart of the story is Essie’s bicycle club and her romance with Tony Bryant Morgan. Very sweet story. Everything you’d expect from a typical romance novel and more.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep in the Heart of Trouble.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen that is sooo cool! Tell me how you like them, maybe I'll read them too!

message 2: by Vee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vee Kristen wrote: "that is sooo cool! Tell me how you like them, maybe I'll read them too!"

Definitely!!