Wendy's Reviews > An Echo in the Bone

An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

Mar 30, 2009

bookshelves: diana-gabaldon, favorites, historical-romance, time-travel
Read in September, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I have read this entire series three seperate times and have been waiting for this book for a while. I wasn't disapointed!

Diana Gabaldon isn't your everyday romance novelist. Though there is romance, there is a historical perspective that intrigues me and the time travel aspect is fun. This book in particular was excellent. I loved that it moved through the story with just the right amount of detail and attention to the characters for me. My biggest complaint about the book is that it was released in Hardbound. It is much harder for me to read a heavy hardbound book comfortably. And at 824 pages this was a big book.

I don't think that I have cried more while reading a book than I did here. The story is touching and truely shows the relationships between the characters to be so loving and important. Wee Ian, especially, shines in this book. And you get another look at Lord John Grey, and I came to appreciate him more for the loving and concerned man that is protrayed. Claire and Jamie are always my favorite part of the story, but Bree and Roger are at the top of my list as well. Their part of this book is interesting. While they try to adjust back into real time. but when Jamie and claire return to Scotland their thoughts and feelings are so touching that it will definately stay with me for a long while.

I give this book a 5 of 5 stars. It is one of the best I have ever read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Echo in the Bone.

Quotes Wendy Liked

Diana Gabaldon
“Catholics don't believe in divorce. We do believe in murder. There's always Confession, after all.
--Brianna Fraser to Roger MacKenzie”
Diana Gabaldon, An Echo in the Bone

09/24/2009 page 199
24.27% "Moving right along and enjoying every minute!"
show 1 hidden update…