Jared Pyatt's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Mar 30, 09

Read in March, 2009

This Dan Brown thriller kept my attention from the very first chapter. I read Brown's Code and thoroughly enjoyed. After enjoying TDC and seeing the movie trailer for Angels and Demons, I decided to read the book while on my honeymoon - 710 pages in five and a half days. Throughout the read, I often wondered when the story would become dull - and it simply never did. Chapter after chapter, Dan's style of writing (intelligent, visual, and well-researched) kept the pages turning. The intriguing combination of religion, science, secret brotherhoods and politics is keeping me a Dan Brown fan.

If I reach far enough to present a Con, it would be inadequate character development for Ms. Vetra. Ms. Vetra's lack of development coupled with verbosity issues in certain chapters would be my two critiques.

In summary, Angels and Demons did not disappoint after reading the Code (and watching the movie). I'm looking forward to watching the A&D's movie in May - and wishing the release of The Solomon's Key would arrive sooner than later! JP

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.