Molly's Reviews > The Clique

The Clique by Lisi Harrison

Aug 25, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: young-adult-books

Um, yeah. So the teen girls at the library are crazy about this series, so I decided to see what it was about. It's ridiculous. It centers around a group of vapid, cruel girls, and how our main character really wants to be a part of their clique. And there's no sense of self-realization, where she discovers she's better off, or where she comes to terms with who she is. No- we're just left with the impression that if she works hard enough, maybe she'll be able to get in the clique. I think that the popularity of this book is a sad reflection on how hard it is to be a young girl in the 21st century. Seriously.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clique.

02/15/2016 marked as: read

Rayna G. god how old r u like 30! obviously if they are a ton of TEEN girls reading it its not meant for annoying adults like you.

message 2: by Ellie (last edited Nov 01, 2011 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ellie Hey, no need to be mean.

J.N. Hey, no need to be mean

Exactly. I can't stand it when certain "defenders" of a book attack other people in such a manner. Rayna G., comments like the ones you are leaving makes you seem immature and no one (except maybe people who leave similar comments) are going to really listen to you.

J.N. no one *is, sorry

Ellie I agree with you, J.N. Although I do like the series because of the quick fluff it provides, I don't feel compelled to lash out at other people who don't. Try and save the insults, k, Rayna?

Claire2019 It gets better in the end of the seris, really.

Aaven I was not aware that if a bunch of teen girls like something, then it's not meant for annoying adults. I shall have to keep this in mind and avoid things like shopping malls, Starbucks, and attractive males for the rest of my life. This could be difficult, but I'll let you know how things are going.

Molly, I totally agree with you. I was so psyched to see Claire hold her own against Massie and remain so much more mature than them in the face of their brainless taunting. When it became clear that all she really cared about was being popular, it was such a letdown. You're better than them, girl!

Zainab okay . think before u write something . Claire ( the main character) is just trying to fit in . she's new and wants friends . And besides everything becomes better at the end of the book .

Willow My thoughts exactly, Molly.