Anita's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Dec 02, 10

bookshelves: library, paranormal-romance, young-adult-paranormal, young-adult
Read in December, 2010

This is a young adult paranormal romance that seems to be an entirely blatant rip-off of Twilight for the first 2/3 of the book. Then it takes a little twist and ends up different enough to be its own book, albeit not a very good one. With so many similarities to Twilight, I couldn't help but compare them, and Evermore comes up short in every way. I didn't believe the emotions of the characters, I felt that there were too many occurrences that were mentioned briefly instead of being fleshed out in a way that's integral to the plot, and I didn't like the supernatural twist at the end - parts of it were just too cheesy. So I don't recommend this book unless you are desperate for a Twilight fix but already have all 5 books memorized.

Ever is a 16 year old orphan who moves from Oregon to LA to live with her aunt. She was the only surviving member of her family after a horrible car crash, only she didn't really survive - she came back from death, and she came back with psychic powers. She's overwhelmed by them, but this a gorgeous boy (Damen) starts attending her school and whenever she's near him, the psychic chorus in her head goes still. (I really couldn't believe the author's nerve at this point.) Damen seems to be playing games with her, but she's still very much attracted to him, though she tries to pull away. If I explained the rest, I'd be spoiling the ending, which is fairly ridiculous anyway. (And I LIKE this genre.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.