Leah (Simply Nerdy Book Reviews)'s Reviews > The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

This book is outstanding! I absolutely loved this book. It made me cry: I was full-on sobbing at the end of this. It is one of the most truly transcendent, uplifting, moving, awe-spiring, and inspiring books I've ever read. To say that this is a book about body snatching aliens says absolutely nothing about why I loved it--in the same way that saying Twilight is a vampire romance does it no justice, but even more so. It's a book about what it means to be human and to love, and not just romantically.

MANY people ask which is better--Twilight or the Host. And honestly, there is no answer to that. They are completely different in so many ways that there is no possible comparison.

The Host will grab you--from beggining to end--and keep you reading far into the night and will keep you thinking LONG after you turn the last page and shut its cover. This book really gets you thinking, and might change the way you view things--even love, pain, grief life, and death. It is a thoroughly haunting book, and Melanie/Wanderer's story is one you will never forget.

If you like this, there are so many different types of books that branch off from the Host that i truly cannot recommend any certain book or genre. Also, Meyer has mentioned that a second and third installment will/have been written (the second one is done, the third is not) and she will release information on them if/when they are edited/published (sorry about all of the /'s. i honestly am not sure about the sequels bussiness; Meyer has only mentioned other installments--and has not gone into detail.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Host.