Robyn's Reviews > Suspense and Sensibility: Or, First Impressions Revisited

Suspense and Sensibility by Carrie Bebris

Apr 19, 09

Read in April, 2009

I found these in the library mystery section by chance. In this series, it's what happens after Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth and Darcy are married. Now they solve mysteries, mysteries of a supernatural nature. I was a little nervous to see what the author did with the characters, but also thinking after I finished reading Pride and Prejudice again, I'd like to know what happens to all these people now. And so here they are. I think she does a good job staying faithful to the characters and making their future lives probable. For real Austen fans, she also, in this book at least, has them interacting with characters from other Austen novels, here Sense and Sensibility. And it's quite neat to see Elizabeth interacting with the Elinor and Marianne from Sense and Sensibility. It's like you get to have a party with all your favorite characters from her books. The mystery is fairly obvious and a bit silly, but it's worth it just to be able to spend some more time with characters like Elizabeth and Darcy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suspense and Sensibility.