Aaron Kurtz's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

U 50x66
Feb 03, 13

Read from January 15 to 21, 2013

This was a great book, as many already know. I just finished reading it for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. The book had a number of good messages to portray. Throughout the book Harry is struggling against his fame (both for has historic past as well as his historic present). Through the help of loyal friends - and not a little bit of luck - Harry is able to overcome the adversity facing him during his fourth year at Hogwarts. Rowling puts her own magical twist on the classic messages of hope, friendship, and good conquering evil.

My favorite part of the book was the characters. I realize that isn't very specific, but Rowling really does a very good job of developing her characters in this book. Whether it is Dumbledore and his silent awesomeness or the Weasley twins incorrigible persistence to defy their mother and pursue the life they want, Rowling gives the reader just enough at just the right time to make the book enthralling.

I would definitely recommend this book, mainly because of its insane popularity. It is good to have read those books which so many have read. More than that, however, I would recommend it for simple fact that it is a well-written book and an enjoyable read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

message 1: by Dixie (new)

Dixie Keyes I'm a Potter fan too, Aaron! Love the message of hope despite struggle and loss.