Jen Walker's Reviews > Wool Omnibus

Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey

Jan 15, 13

Read from December 27 to 31, 2012

There are few books that really make you say "wow" from the first page and this is one of those rare few. Like some I am a little late to this great book but better late than never. This one truly grabbed my attention from the beginning and had me wondering what exactly this book was all about. It really had my mind thinking. To me the sign of a great novel is when you can't stop thinking about it and you can't wait to get back to it.

This book is a post apocalyptic story that is a bit different from other dystopian novels I've read in that the people in this book aren't really fighting for survival or their next meal. They aren't stuck in a time before technology. In this book the people live a relatively normal existence which enough food and comforts to be pretty happy. But under it all is something not quite right. The one true taboo is talking or even thinking about the outside world. This will accomplish only one fate and it's not a good one.
The journey of this book and discovering all it has to offer was one I truly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool Omnibus.