Sarah's Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 01

Vampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri Hino

Mar 28, 09

Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This manga is a story of a high school with a dual personality. The night class is full of vampires (that have sworn off blood) and the day class that has humans. The main character, Yuki Cross, is one of the few day class students that is aware that the night class is run by vampires. She is also the a member of the disciplinary committee - makes sure the girls from the day class don't maul the vampires as they go to their night class. Her co-member is Zero Kiyro who's parents were killed by a vampire and hates them. We find out later that Zero was bitten 4 years ago by the vampire that killed his parents and that he has become a vampire himself.
We also learn that there are different social classes of vampires (pure bloods and those that used to be humans).
The story is a little interesting. It's a quick read. There's about four sentences in a few pages. I don't really care for the artwork. I prefer it to be a little crisper. I would recommend this manga to the girls that like Twilight, but I would have to say that Japanese tellings of vampires is WAY better than what Twilight was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 01.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ⋆Molly⋆ (new) - added it

⋆Molly⋆ Vampire knight came out BEFORE twilight!! Twilight TECHNICALLY is COPING VK