Shawna's Reviews > Heat of Passion

Heat of Passion by Elle Kennedy

May 22, 09

bookshelves: erotic-romance-erotica-romantica, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, format-ebook, author-elle-kennedy, 2009-reads, i-read-own-faves-keepers, hero-im-gaga-over, quick-read-romance, series-out-of-uniform, 4-to-5-stars
Recommended to Shawna by: Auntee's review
Recommended for: Fans of hot men in uniform & erotic short stories
Read in May, 2009

4 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance/Erotica Novella

This is a very steamy short story about sexy-as-sin Navy SEAL Carson Scott, with his model good looks, devilish charm, and wicked bedroom skills, who finally meets his match in quirky good-girl Holly Lawson. Carson’s enjoyed a wild sexual past featuring lots of women, one night stands, and three-ways, but he’s tired of the empty, meaningless sex and craves something deeper in his life, especially after seeing his best friend and fellow SEAL John Garrett and his fiancé Shelby (from Heat of the Moment) in such deep, unadulterated, blissful love.

At Garrett and Shelby’s stag/bachelorette party at the club Hot Zone, Carson has a frenzied sexual encounter in the supply closet with a girl named “Jessica” who knocks his socks (and pants) off, but before he knows it, she’s long gone. Carson can’t get the girl who gave him the best sex of his life out of his mind and realizes more than ever that quickies and empty sex aren’t enough for him anymore.

Carson is reunited with the mysterious Holly “Jessica” Lawson a month later at Garrett and Shelby’s wedding and is determined not to let her get away from him this time around. She tells Carson she’s only interested in having a casual sexual fling with him, but he wants something more. Will his sexual tricks and sweet charm bring her around?

Heat of Passion is a smokin’ hot short story with a sweet, hunk-o-licious, to-die-for SEAL hero. 4 ½ stars!
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat of Passion.

05/22/2009 page 86
100.0% "Sexy short story about hottie Navy SEAL Carson, with his model good looks and wicked bedroom skills."

Auntee Oh good, you liked it too!:)

Shawna Yes indeedy! Thanks for the great review and suggestion! We seem to share a love/lust for hotties in uniform!

Auntee Oh yeah, and I even have a shelf for those books.:)

I like that "heroes I'm gaga over" shelf!

message 4: by K. (new) - added it

K. Me three! -- in favor of heros in uniform! :) Thanks for the "interest provoking" review Shawna. I'll be gettin' this one too, since I enjoyed "Heat of the Sotrm" as well. Thanks again for this author Shawna! :)
K.

Shawna Sure thing, K! I gotta give props to Auntee though 'cause she first brought this series to my attention. :)