Felicia's Reviews > Legend of Drizzt Collector's Edition, Vol. 1

Legend of Drizzt Collector's Edition, Vol. 1 by R.A. Salvatore

Mar 27, 09

bookshelves: fantasy
Recommended for: beginning fantasy readers.
Read in March, 2009

Love love love this character. This would be the best intro fantasy book I could give someone. Classic adventures, great storytelling, wonderful complex main character, interesting philosophy and moral core. I love it so much! I can't wait to get the next books as well. Drizzt is an epic character in an epic fantasy setting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend of Drizzt Collector's Edition, Vol. 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy I've read a few books in this series, and they are really good. Love Drizzt!

Shawn Coons I've re-read these books so many times that I've had to replace the originals.

Aron I am addicted to these books!
I have re-read them a few dozen times... and have every book in the series so far.
You'll be hooked even more once you get into the Icewind Dale trilogy!

message 4: by Gareth (new)

Gareth Clark Have to agree with Aron, the Icewind Dale Trilogy is awesome. Great interplay between the main characters.

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I hate that Wizards did the "Narnia" treatment and made the "Legend of Drizzt" collection and published them in chronological order rather than in order of publication. I think the reader should start with Icewind Dale and then read the Dark Elf trilogy. Just a personal GRR of mine. But then again I read them all when they first came out!

Interesting side-note was that Wulfgar the Barbarian was supposed to be Salvatore's original hero and that the "dark elf ranger" was meant as a kind of mentor/sidekick. But good characters don't like being shoved into the background.

Aron Jamie wrote: "I hate that Wizards did the "Narnia" treatment and made the "Legend of Drizzt" collection and published them in chronological order rather than in order of publication. I think the reader should st..."

I agree I personally read the Icewind Dale trilogy first before the Legend of Drizzt, and I think that if your new to the series that is the way to go. You definitely look at everything in a different light having the world perspective before reading about Drizzt past and up bringing!

message 7: by Seth (new)

Seth T Drizzt become so powerful. He is pure awesome. Enchanted scimitars ftw.

message 8: by Rekesh (new) - added it

Rekesh These would definitely set the proverbial hook in to any new fantasy reader, but you'll have set the bar pretty high for any other series they might read. Better start them off with something GOOD, but not so terribly addicting, like The Belgariad. ;)

message 9: by Dpsdan (new)

Dpsdan i loved these first 3 books (yes i know that they where made after the fact), but i find the books after these three, are predictable,bland and many other things. yet i have read every one of them, so how bad can they be!

message 10: by Tony (new)

Tony Totally agree. This book and its "sequels" have keep me busy for quite some time and I'm not even done with them all yet. Just taking a break to read some Sci-Fi. :)