BJ Rose's Reviews > The Dream Thief

2030200
Sep 27, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, shapeshifters, series
Read in September, 2009

Zane is the perfect bad-boy-you've-gotta-love. We know from The Smoke Thief why Zane is such a consummate thief and why he trusts no one (except Lia's mother Rue). And it's easy to understand why he keeps giving Lia the cold shoulder - he understands perfectly what horror awaits any human who messes with dragon girls. And that leads to Lia's other problem - her dragon powers have not fully developed; she can't Turn to smoke and she can't fly; what's the fun in being a dragon if you can't fly?! She does dream, tho, and the future she sees for herself and her family is not reassuring - can she change it? Can she trust Zane? Can Zane learn to trust Lia? They'll find out when they (reluctantly) join forces to find the Draumr diamond - Lia knows it must be destroyed; Zane wants the money he's been promised for bringing it back.

I love the dragon world that Shana Abé has created, and she expands it beautifully in this book. She creates beautiful mind pictures of dragons in flight - makes you want to look up to try to see one flying and looping through the sky. Will definitely be reading the next one: Queen of Dragons

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dream Thief.

09/20/2009 page 82
09/21/2009 page 188
56.12% "Lia dreams of the future - wonderful dreams, horrible dreams - will it all happen or can things be changed?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina Nice review, BJ! I need to check this series.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Awesome review, BJ. This one is coming up soon in my tbr pile.

message 3: by Dina (new)

Dina Your TBR pile is scary, Danielle. ;)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Imagine how I feel. LOL. Book pressure!

message 5: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Bj,
After reading Smoke Thief I haven't gone back to the Drakon series, maybe it's time I do...

new_user Tsk, tsk, Rane. Get on that! LOL.

message 8: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love I really liked The Smoke Thief and The Dream Thief. Queen of Dragons was a disappointment and I haven't gone back. I do intend to, but I'm just being slow about it. ;^)

Great review!

BJ Rose Well, I guess I'll find out what disappointed you, Beanbag - I'll be reading QoD in the next week or two. I'm already expecting it to go off on a different tangent, so hope that's enough of a buffer against any expectations I've built up.