Jayne's Reviews > One for the Money

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

F_50x66
Mar 27, 09

Read in March, 2009

Learned? This is not a book that teaches. Well, I guess I didn't know that a "bounty hunter" picks up FTA's-"failed to appear" people out on bail who missed a court date. But this mystery series is smart, snappy, and FUN. "The Burg" in Trenton, New Jersey, seems a lot like my city, Buffalo, in enough ways to make the books even more amusing. Actually, Stephanie's mother is everyone's mother, etc. in enough ways to make us all enjoy turning these pages. Very economically written - no wasted words- and lots of wit. The cop Joe is an intriguing character, not least because he is sexy (and since he lusts after her, you know she is too). I have finished Two for the Dough and all the numbers up through Hot Six because the characters are so city-bred (diverse to say the least) and all funny juxtaposed with Steph's slightly old-world mom. My husband read One for... and found some logical holes which I totally ignored as I chuckled. I can hardly remember who got killed but I can't wait to see what Grandma and Lula and Cousin Vinnie will do next! I'm glad a friend told me to try this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One for the Money.