Carol's Reviews > I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci

Mar 27, 09

bookshelves: advance-copy, memoir
Read in March, 2009

I have toi start by saying that I was prepared to fully enjoy this book. I love spaghetti, and with a title like I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti, this was on my must-read list. It turned out to be a fun, quick read. Guilia has had a series of disappointing relationships, all men I would consider losers, but manages to make it funny.

I love the way she places the recipes inside the narrative, at the point she served them to her love at the time or to her lonely self. And some of the recipes sound delicious, and fairly easy, which sounds perfect to me. I'm going to definitely try the "First Date Butterflies" and the healthy penne. Some of the recipes have hilarious titles, like "Spaghetti and Meatballs for Cooking Sluts and Those Who Love Them" that give you a taste of Giulia's sense of humour.

After a while, Giulia's constant talk about wanting to get married and the fact that she always seems more invested in the relationships than the men started to get a little stale for me. I wanted to yell at her to get a grip, but then she pops up with the recipe for "Bucatini Amatriciana with MP3 File-Sharing Technology" and I have to laugh and forgive her.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti.