Jessica's Reviews > A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

Apr 05, 09

Read in April, 2009

So this book is split into three different sections... The first one was okay, I really like the second one, and I didn't like the third one at all... so, in the mathematical scene in my head, that equals two stars. By the end, I just didn't care. There were very funny parts, I'll give it that, but not enough humor to keep me interested.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dirty Job.

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin I swear everytime I get a new email from you its about goodreads. You seriously are a bookworm! I haven't had time to read lately. And the last book I read was Twilight again! I know I am such a nerd but I secretly love the books and the movie which of course I own and have seen twice now! I know, I know, sad!
Hopefully I can get back on the book track again soon. But with Hunter being mobile now and either being in to everything or I have to watch him because he is falling down I haven't had time. You will have to tell me some of your all time favorites and I will try and make time to read them.

Jessica I know, all I do is read. You MUST read the Book Thief. That is the one book I will refer to anybody. Other than that, I really haven't read anything lately to write home about. It's easy to fall off the book track, in the month of February I didn't read at all, and I had a hard time getting into the first book that I started after my rut. But now I'm back in full swing. I'm trying to balance reading with American Idol. ;) I think I'm doing a good job.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin I will take your word for it and I have The Book Thief on hold at the library. I'll let you know when I finish it.

message 4: by Jennie (new)

Jennie Oops... I think I just hit "I liked this review" on your review. It's not that I don't like your review, I just for some reason hate those buttons.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin So I have started "The Book Thief" that you and my sister had both recommended. I am maybe halfway thru. So far I find it very slow. . . I don't find myself very interested to pick up the book and keep reading. However, since everyone claims this book is good I will keep reading in hopes that it will get better and pick up the pace.

Jessica I think you will pick up interest in the second half of the book. If you don't, I think it means your a total freak or something ;) I am having a hard time getting through any books here lately though, maybe something is in the air!