Sara ♥'s Reviews > The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

Mar 14, 10

bookshelves: 2010, action-adventure, audiobook, challenge-spring-2010, humor, young-adult
Read from March 11 to 12, 2010, read count: 1

4.5 stars. This book was really really cool. It seemed to start off a bit slow... getting the characters established and things. And I was a bit worried about Frankie in the beginning, because the relationship she's in is like RED FLAG Central! Like it's SO INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS to me that it's not a good one, just with the way she's thinking and talking about the guy she's with, so... Yeah, I was worried.

And then at about the halfway point in the book, the inner Frankie took over and started kicking SERIOUS butt! Like... HOLY CRAP, Frankie is the coolest girl of all time. And I LOVED all the word-play... and how E. Lockhart ties that word-play in at the end. I didn't see it coming, but it totally made sense. Love-love-loved the new vocab... ;)

The best thing about Frankie is that she embodies the inner bad-ass we all secretly WANT to be but don't dare to be... (Like how House is the inner JERK-FACE we all secretly want to be but are too nice to be...) One of my friends said that she couldn't really relate to Frankie, and it's true that my mind works in a different way than hers, but who doesn't want to be as awesome as her? I wish I had amazing ideas like hers and the guts to make them happen. It was awesome.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.

03/11/2010 page 2
33.33% "Interesting so far... I'm not sure where EXACTLY it's going to go, but I know where I want it NOT to go..."
03/12/2010 page 4
66.67% "Disc 4 of 6. It's really interesting so far. I like the way Frankie is progressing... I think it's about to get SUPER fabulous... :)"
03/12/2010 page 5
83.33% "Holy crap... just started disc 5 of 6, and HAHA!!! This is the BEST EVER!!! Frankie is a snarky, logophilic GENIUS!!"
03/13/2010 page 6
100.0% "Finished yesterday..."

JG (The Introverted Reader) I bought this about a month ago, but haven't read it yet. I think you've bumped it up the pile! Unless I get distracted by something else first. Yeah, it happens.

Sara ♥ What? That NEVER happens to me.... *innocent eyes*