Michelle's Reviews > BoneMan's Daughters

BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker

Mar 27, 2009

bookshelves: blog-tour-book, christianfiction, forpleasure, forreview, favorite-2009
Read in April, 2009

Another thriller from Ted Dekker, BoneMan's Daughters is his most frightening novel yet. In fact, it's the most compelling emotional ride I've ever taken while reading a "thriller," and believe you me, BoneMan's Daughters is nothing short of hair-raising in the thriller department. I don't even like to be scared, yet I couldn't put this book down. I started late Thursday night and finished on Saturday. Unfortunately I had to sleep and work and eat or I would have read it straight through. I honestly didn't think Ted could top Kiss or Adam, but he managed to leap even higher with this book. Half of the thrill is in the details and I swear Dekker is a flipping genius when it comes to plotting out every aspect and conceivable angle.

BoneMan's Daughters is gruesome, but not as icky as I thought it would be based on the description of the plot. It's disturbing, but not enough for me to miss the redemptive themes in the story. It's brutal, but isn't everything Dekker writes uniquely done? This story just happens to have more crunch than most. Because you can hear the bones snapping. The torture is pretty scary, too, because it is so realistically done. The emotional connection you develop with the main character is nothing short of amazing. Time stands still as you race to the end hoping that things will somehow work out for the characters you have grown to love. This story would make an excellent movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read BoneMan's Daughters.