Betsie Bush's Reviews > What Diantha Did

Mar 26, 2009

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: audiobook, fiction, librivox
Read in March, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I must say that I was really scared that this story would turn out badly (i.e. Diantha giving up her work), but I am so relieved that everything is resolved between her and Ross. I really was worried up to the last few pages that Ross was going to be a jerk for the rest of his life. What a relief! I believe the author did an excellent job of tying up all of the loose ends on this story. It was also coincidental that I was listening to the book Loving Frank by Nancy Horan this week. It is a novel about Mamah Borthwick Cheney and Frank Lloyd Wright (excellent book, despite being such a tragic story). Mamah was involved with the sufferage and women movements and Charlotte Perkins Gilman is mentioned several times in the book... What Diantha Did is subtley referenced as well.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Diantha Did.

message 1: by Hortensia (new) - added it

Hortensia Betsie, I listened this book from you. Thank you sooo very much for your volunteering to record via librivox!! It's such a gift. When I get an opportunity to teach a class on this subject, I'm going to recommend that any students who have a hard time reading should listen to the recording, too! :)

Betsie Bush Hortensia, I am so glad you enjoyed this book. Your full review is very insightful as well. If you know of any other public domain books on women's issues that you would like to have recorded at LibriVox, please let me know, as I would be interested in recording more books on this subject.

message 3: by Zeta (new) - added it

Zeta T. Yet again, you pick the good ones. (i.e. Dandelion Cottage, etc.) I stayed really focused on this one, but C.P.G. is good at keeping me on track. Helped me on my walks. She's so good at problem-solving! Thanks!