Jaime's Reviews > The Lost Hours

The Lost Hours by Karen   White

Mar 26, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, womens_fiction
Read in April, 2009

This is my first experience with Karen White, and I was quite pleased. I thought this was a touching story about regret, healing, and forgiveness, and a message about it never being too late for any of it. I liked Piper despite her malaise and stubbornness, because you could see the spark that was still hidden beneath it all. I think I felt a connection to her because I was quite close to my own grandmother. The family mystery here is one that keeps you guessing… I wasn’t convinced I had it figured out correctly until it was nearly time to reveal it in the story.

There were a few niggling things about this that would keep me from giving it 5 stars. One, I felt the Susan portion of the storyline was somewhat clumsy. I understand she was mentally ill, but I still couldn’t make the connection between what she did and what she found. Also, the timeline is a little funky in the beginning as it jumps forward in indeterminate amounts, and the point of view switches back and forth from “I” to “Piper”. But overall, I really enjoyed this story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Hours.