Tammy's Reviews > Corked by Cabernet

Mar 26, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: 2009, mystery, california, wine, fiction, ebook
Read in March, 2009

It was a fun diversion - easy to read, good distraction. I'm glad the romance part has finally been worked out. I'd like Nikki to figure out who did it - and have them aprehended - before that person tries to kill her at least once in the series. I didn't get the same satisfaction from reading this as I did the others in the series -- not sure if this was my mood, or reading on my ebook (although so far I am loving the ebook), or if maybe this was just not my favorite story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Corked by Cabernet.

message 1: by Tonya (new)

Tonya So, did I understand correctly that you read this on your ebook? Does it feel as good as turning normal pages? How do you bookmark a page and come back to it?

Tammy You know, I really don't know why I wanted an ebook. I love bookstores, I love books, I love sharing books. So those are sorta the things I would miss with an ebook.

But I do LOVE my ebook. I did read this book on my ebook - and enjoyed the ebook. (The story in this one wasn't that great for me...liked the early ones better.) I am now reading a fantasy novel on my ebook (one I downloaded for free). I rarely read those, but usually like them.

Turning the pages isn't quite the same. But I find myself avoiding my books that aren't on the ebook - even though I have some New Zealand ones that I really want to read.

I download a free cookbook. I would like that one much better if the recipes were indexed. Maybe if I paid for a cookbook they would be indexed.

It remembers what page you are on by default in all the books you are reading. So when you bring up a book it shows you the last page you were on (well, I usually turn off my ebook on the next page I want to read - and when I bring up that book it opens to that page I viewed).

There are some bookmarking features (you can dog-ear multiple pages in a book) and annotation features (you can underline and write comments and such) that I haven't figured out quite yet. I think the Kindle will save those to the Amazon site...but there's also a way to see what you've written on you Kindle. I'll try to figure that out.

And I'll bring the Kindle to the next book club so you can check it out. :)