Bry's Reviews > Blood Bound

Mar 25, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, urban-fantasy, mystery, 2010, audiobook
Read in November, 2010

Review for book March 2009:
This is the 2nd book in the Mercy Thompson series. This time around Mercy is up against a vampire who is a sorcerer and is also inhabited by a demon...Confused? So was I! You do get to learn a whole lot about the vampires and their society, ways, politics, how you turn them, kill them, etc in this installment.

It is official though, my favorite characters in this series are Warren and Kyle! Their relationship, dialog, and interaction are sweet and just hilarious and wonderful! I always either Awwww or laugh whenever they are in a scene!

I was also glad Ben seemed to pull through there at the end. Maybe his character isn't as bad as you weren't meant to think in the first book. Because as much as I think Ben hates women he really does like and respect Mercy. I am hoping his character will eventually be released from guilt from whatever happened in London to force his joining Adam's pack.

The Adam/Sam thing is definitely heating up in this book. I am finding myself rooting for Adam, but that may be because I know she ends up with him (from reading the flaps on books 3 and 4) and don't want to be disappointed by going for Sam. Sam just isn't coming across as genuine in his feelings for Mercy where as Adam seems really upfront about everything. I also like that Briggs addressed Mercy's submissiveness to Adam and am glad she isn't just giving into his control. It'll be interesting to see how those factors affect their relationship and how it plays out.

*****
Review for audiobook November 2010:
I was much less confused this time around in terms of the logistics behind a demon possessed sorcerer vampire, but I still just don't enjoy the vampires face time in this series as much as the other species so installment while fantastic is still one of the lesser favorites.

Vampire politics are what rules this book, that and revenge. Both add considerably to the characters and their actions. While I understand Stephan more, I still don't particularly like him.

Super disjointed review I know...but seriously just read it. The series is awesome!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.

message 1: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Great review, Bry. You are so right about the relationships in this book. Warren and Kyle were so cute. I am enjoying this series. I can't wait to read them all.

message 2: by Bry (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bry You should definitely read them all! I am listening to them all on audio book right now since the next installment comes out in January! I am loving it because I had forgotten so much and just how much I loved the secondary characters in this series.

Kat Kennedy I'm so, so glad you introduced me to this series and the Kate Daniel's series. You've been my hero ever since!

message 4: by Bry (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bry HAHAHA! Soooo ahppy to be of service! I want to make everyone I know read those 2 series! Book 6 comes out in January! Thus the rereads of all these. So can't wait.