Amy's Reviews > Sorcery & Cecelia: or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot

2082678
Mar 25, 09

bookshelves: fantasy-adventure, victorian-romance, magic
Read in March, 2009

Sorcery and Cecelia was a fun fast-paced book. Obviously written for a young adult audience, yet still captivating enough to make me read the other books in the trilogy.

This is the first book in the series in which Kate and Cecelia are seperated by distance in England and must coorespond through letters. There were times that I began to tire of the letters, but it was fun to continually view the story from two different perspectives. Kate and Cecelia find themselves caught up in a world where magic is common and mischeif is inevitable.

The book was actually written by two authors who began the letter writing as a game in which each person became the persona of a character and helped develop an undisclosed plot. Amazingly, the plot does thicken and develop between the two writers with a smart ability to mesh.

I am definitely an advocate of happy endings, but I have to admit that this story wraps up a little too perfectly (almost sickenly so). Nevertheless, the story was lively and engaging and certainly kept me entertained.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sorcery & Cecelia.