Angel 's Reviews > Brainless: The Lies and Lunacy of Ann Coulter

Apr 01, 09

bookshelves: commentary-and-opinion, politics-and-political-science
Recommended for: People who want to refute Anne Coulter
Read in April, 2009, read count: 1

I read enough of this book to last me a while. The book is basically a refutation of Anne Coulter's works up to Godless. Anne Coulter is already hard enough to read; not because she is difficult, but because she is so vicious (from rudeness to personal attacks) and full of lies that one has to exercise restraint not to throw her books against a wall if one has half a brain and knows how to use it. What Maguire does is look at what Anne has written on various topics and then refute it with the actual truth. He used Anne's words pretty much to help bury her. The problem for me is that I have to read parts of Coulter, which illustrate his points, and eventually, this can wear you out as a reader.

Needless to say, if you are a fan of Anne Coulter, this book, nor any other, will likely change your mind, no matter the evidence. And Maguire does do a good job of providing the evidence. If you are against Coulter, then this book may well provide some needed ammunition.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brainless.

03/25/2009 page 16
7.14% "I got this as "giveaway" at a library conference last year. Finally got it off the shelf to read."
03/25/2009 page 47
20.98% ""But in Ann's world, conservatives' books are condemned. . .The problem is, it's not really true." Author is pretty much taking Ann apart."