Bryony's Reviews > The Man Who Walked Through Time: The Story of the First Trip Afoot Through the Grand Canyon

The Man Who Walked Through Time by Colin Fletcher

F_50x66
Jun 16, 10

Read in May, 2009

I like it very much. Hypnotic. Almost felt like I was meditating while I read it - his writing VERY much made you feel like you were there. Makes me realize how much I missed when we went to the Grand Canyon and meerly peered in! Also, I found this inspiring, and showed the power of something as simple as walking, because this man's walking trips have showed him such amazing things (going slow enough to really notice things, getting more up close and personal than whizzing by in a car or plane.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Walked Through Time.

03/25/2009 page 100

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Liked your comments. I read this book and it inspired me to hike rim to rim on established trails but that was a challenge for me. I've been back inside the Canyon four more times over the past six years and it's never the same twice. Colin Fletcher was an amazing hiker. I'm sorry he's gone.

Bryony That is amazing that you have done that! It's a far-off dream of mine to at least hike part of the canyon... would have to get in shape first! I was not aware that Colin Fletcher had passed away, and I'm sorry to hear that as well.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Bryony wrote: "That is amazing that you have done that! It's a far-off dream of mine to at least hike part of the canyon... would have to get in shape first! I was not aware that Colin Fletcher had passed away, ..."

If you go to the Canyon, I recommend fall or winter. So many go in the summer and the heat is tough. You can hike the rim trail or even go down one of the main trails but don't go farther than you can come back up:)

Bryony Thanks for the advice! I was considering this fall or next.