Jennifer's Reviews > Just One Sip

Just One Sip by Katie MacAlister

Jan 16, 10

bookshelves: 2010, multiple-author, katie-macalister, vampires, paranormal_romance
Read in January, 2010, read count: 1

Story 1: Viva Las Vampires by Jennifer Ashley
Merideth Black heads to Las Vegas to research her next book on Vampires and stays at Transylvania Castle Hotel - a hotel themed around Vampires and things that go bump (or is it Boom Boom Boom?) in the night. She is hoping to get an interview with the elusive hotel owner Stefan Erickson for her book - a request that has been denied about 20 times before she came to the hotel. Lucky for her Stefan spots her on a security camera when she walks in and is immediately intrigued with her. He calls the desk clerk and Merideth soon finds herself on her way to the penthouse to meet the mysterious owner.

This was a really fun story and I wanted more when it was done. It was by far the best story in the book for me and I will be looking up more Jennifer Ashley books now that I know about her.

Story 2: Bring Out Your Dead by Katie MacAlister
Ysabelle is a councelor for The Society for the Protection of Reverants (Zombie's) and part time tutor. Sebastian is a Dark One (vampire) with a grudge on his shoulder. While running to a tutoring job and being chased by a heard of imps Ysabelle runs smack into Sabastian and ends up laying on top of him in the middle of an alley in a nice steamy (but accidental) lip lock.

I picked up this book because of Katie MacAlister's name on it and because it was the 5th book in the Dark One Series. Sadly the story fell way short of my expectations. I thought the story felt chaotic and rushed and that choice bits were excluded. I also DETESTED the character Sally. She spent the whole story talking in a poor mix of French and English. Argh! Awful! She was the Jar Jar Binks of the story!

Story 3: Lucy and the Crypt Casanova by Minda Webber
Lucy Campbell is a talk show host who transplanted from Texas to New Orleans to interview Zombies, Trolls and Warlocks on her TV Show. She isn't exactly taken seriously - but decides that is all going to change when she hears about a mysterious incident from one of her guests and decides that blowing the story wide open would really up her career prospects. Unlucky for Lucy (but lucky for us readers) Lucy keeps running into her ex-love Valmont DuPonte who just happens to be a detective and none too happy for Lucy to be digging into things she has no business digging into.

The pacing of this story was a bit frantic. I felt like the author was trying too hard with the puns and alliteration - and the main character was pretty immature and sort of dense - but something about the story worked. Definetly a page turner despite the issues i had with it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Sip.

01/12/2010 page 122