Cami's Reviews > I Am the Messenger

682023
Jun 13, 09

bookshelves: general-fiction, mystery
Read in June, 2009

What a journey this book takes you on!
Mark Zusak is original and wonderful as an author. His brilliant use of language shines in I Am the Messenger.
This is the simple story of a young, unassuming cab driver named Ed Kennedy. An average day finds him inside a bank while a robbery is taking place. Somehow, finds himself taking on the bank robber. He's given his fifteen minutes of fame for his heroics, but the real beginning of this story happens when he receives the first playing card in the post on which three addresses are hand-written.
As Ed performs numerous tasks from an unknown orchestrator, he grows, changes and comes to know the best way to help those to whom he's been assigned.
The message is positive.
The message is good.
Ed Kennedy is the messenger.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am the Messenger.

Quotes Cami Liked

Markus Zusak
“Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.”

Markus Zusak
“Maybe everyone can live beyond what they're capable of.”

Markus Zusak
“Why can’t the world hear? I ask myself. Within a few moments I ask it many times. Because it doesn’t care, I finally answer, and I know I’m right. It’s like I’ve been chosen. But chosen for what? I ask.”

05/19/2009 page 50
13.89% "I'm trying another audio book. Nothing can compare to The Book Thief, so far I am enjoying it."
05/30/2009 page 120
33.33% "I love that the Doorman 'talks' and I don't think I've ever laughed so much at cursing (the audio version helps)"
show 5 hidden updates…

Rachel I want to read this!

Cami I just read some good stuff about it.
I wonder what it'll be like.

Rachel His writing is incredible...it will be hard not to compare it to Book Thief though.

Cami Definitely. I think it has something to do with a angel messenger, but I don't want to read the summary.

message 5: by Annalisa (last edited May 19, 2009 02:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annalisa Don't compare. And don't read reviews. Go into blind. It's a good one.

message 6: by *Christie* (new) - added it

*Christie* I just picked this up from the library! I can't wait to read it.