Aleisha Z Coleman's Reviews > E=mc²: A Biography of the World's Most Famous Equation

E=mc² by David Bodanis

Mar 23, 09

bookshelves: favorite-authors-of-all-time
Read in March, 2009

I am having a hard time not being impressed with myself because this is the second book in the "hard" scientific realm that I have just adored (the first being "A Short History of Everything"). It had such an impressively daunting title that I couldn't have explained except that it has something to do with Einstein. However, I am confident that I could explain the basics of this equation after reading this book. In addition, it has motivated me to find out more of how this equation influenced history of World War II. The fact that Einstein could relate mass and energy through the speed of light squared just by thinking about it and not doing any experiments, mostly makes him an interesting person. What also makes him an interesting person is also quoted as saying that if he had known his equation would have been used for such destruction as the atomic bomb that he would not have lifted one finger to write it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read E=mc².