Stephanie's Reviews > The Princess and the Bear

1619431
May 19, 09

bookshelves: own
Read in May, 2009

Let's just say, WAY better than Princess and the Hound. The plot's more intruging, the writing style is tons better and the characters are more alive.

Like I said, the plot is definitely better and I love how Mette gives us perspectives from the animals - the Hound and then the Bear so we could delve deeper into their minds. I also loved the idea of time traveling and though it didn't happen as fast as I thought it would, at least it didn't take too long for the plot to actually begin.

The wild man is one of those extraneous character but he still played a vital role because he was the one who allowed the Hound and the Bear to time travel back in time. It was also amusing how at the last moment, before they entered the time warp, that he randomly asked the Hound if she wanted to be a woman or a hound. It seemed to be that it would've been better if he told her ahead of time...oh well. It's just one of those things.

The characters were more alive, like I said. They definitely had more emotion and character. Even though the Hound's way of doing things were a bit rough, I liked her thinking and her way of solving a problem. Seems very straightforward instead of the typical roundabout ways that we humans think.

The writing style improved. Better flow and just better in general.

Overall, Princess and the Bear made Princess and the Hound worth it. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess and the Bear.