Polina's Reviews > Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now

Practicing the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

1937650
Mar 23, 2009

Read in October, 2008

I never managed to complete reading the Power of Now although tried several times. This book was a god send, and even though it still suffers from what seems to be repetition of the same principle on every page, since it is a lot shorter I have read it in a day and feel like I have fully grasped everything that Eckhart was trying to convey in his main book. So if you, like me, find the Power Of Now a difficult read this book will definitely give you all the main ideas in a concise digestible form.
I think this book will make for a perfect every day companion as the author suggests to read one paragraph or section every day to reflect and to remind yourself of the practice. Might also make a good intro to Power Of Now if you want to introduce your friends or relatives to the ideas put forward.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practicing the Power of Now.

03/15 marked as: read

Joyce Thanks for this review. I have read the Power of Now a couple of times in the past several years and each time get more from it. But after listening to the audiobook the past week on my daily walk I feel like I finally have gotten the true meaning. I may look for this one in audio form as well!

Pedro Pinto Reading this book should be a complement of "The Power of Now" - each person has its own timing to read it, to be "enlightened".