Debbie's Reviews > Don't Die, Dragonfly

Don't Die, Dragonfly by Linda Joy Singleton

1945325
Mar 22, 09

bookshelves: wings, purple

This book was re-issued and also contains a short story, Dominic’s Volcano, that explains the back ground of Dominic, the young man Sabine’s grandmother takes on as her apprentice. The short story in itself was great and I love that we see more of what Dominic and Sabine just allude to regarding his history. The main story was an interesting concept and a nice change from the vampire theme that is currently so popular. Don’t get me wrong, I love my vampire books, but variety is the spice of life right?

In this book someone is trying to frame Sabine in a crime that could get her kicked out of school again and possibly even arrested. Along with the help of Manny, the author of the school paper’s psychic column, and Thorn, another student with unusual abilities, they have to hunt down who is out to get Sabine and help the dragonfly girl. While I like Sabine’s character it’s her spirit guide, Opal, that cracked me up at points and I hope to see more of her in the next book. I also loved Manny and Thorn’s characters and I hope they play a bigger part in the sequels. I really enjoyed this book but felt it was more of a set up for the upcoming sequels so I cannot wait to read those. It definitely leaves you wanting more and it’s probably best to have the next book on hand or be ready for a quick run to the library or book store when you finish book 1.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Die, Dragonfly.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah awesome! i was totally oblivious to there being a short story on Dominics side!! i love him! :) where can i find that?

Debbie It's at the end of Don't Die Dragonfly. I'm not sure if it was issued by itself.