Louise's Reviews > I'm Not Scared

I'm Not Scared by Niccolò Ammaniti

Apr 06, 09

bookshelves: thriller-suspense
Read in March, 2004

I really enjoyed this novel, although I think the translation from Italian into English was poorly done. However, the story was unique,intriguing and kept me turning page after page after page!! The only really negative comment I have is that I was a tad disappointed in the ending. I won't say anything more.

From back cover:

"In a tiny, isolated southern Italian farming community, during the hottest summer on record, only nine-year-old Michele and his gang venture outside, engaging in games of dares and consequences. After losing the latest dare, Michele falls into the bottom of a pit beside an abandoned house, where he discovers the body of a boy.

Unsure of whom he can trust, Michele is suddenly thrust into an adult world where the difference between right and wrong is no longer clear, and where one false move could destroy his entire family.

A spellbinding literary thriller reminiscent of Stand By Me and Italo Calvino's Italian Fairy Tales, I'm Not Scared is both a taut suspense novel and a sensitive portrait of a child's awakening morality."

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Not Scared.