Louise's Reviews > The Wedding

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Apr 06, 09

bookshelves: romance
Read in January, 2004

I believe this has to be one of Sparks' BEST novels thus far. What can I really say to describe my feelings about this book? Wonderful, magical, enchanting, romantic, dreamy, peaceful and just plain old mmmm....mmm.....good!!

From the dust jacket:
"With The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, and his other beloved novels, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks has given voice to our deepest beliefs about the power of love. Now he brings us the long-awaited follow-up to The Notebook-a story of an ordinary man who goes to extraordinary lengths to win back the love of his life....
After thirty years, Wilson Lewis is forced to face a painful truth: the romance has gone out of his marriage. His wife, Jane, has fallen out of love with him, and it is entirely his fault.

Despite the shining example of his in-laws, Noah and Allie Calhoun, and their fifty-year love affair (originally recounted in The Notebook), Wilson himself is a man unable to express his true feelings. He has spent too little time at home and too much at the office, leaving the responsibility of raising their children to Jane. Now his daughter is about to marry, and his wife is thinking about leaving him. But if Wilson is sure of anything, it is this: His love for Jane has only grown over the years, and he will do everything he can to save their marriage.

With the memories of Noah and Allie's inspiring life together as his guide, he vows to find a way to make his wife fall in love with him...all over again.

In this powerfully moving tale of love lost, rediscovered, and renewed, Nicholas Sparks once again brings readers his unique insight into the only emotion that ultimately really matters."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding.