Karen's Reviews > Children of God

Children of God by Mary Doria Russell

Mar 22, 09

Recommended for: Renata, Sally
Read in March, 2009

A very good sequel to her extraordinary first novel, "The Sparrow". Nothing like a good wrestling with religious, sociological and ethical questions, set on an alien planet with a very well thought out society of it's own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Children of God.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Greteman hmmm sounds like I need to read this

Karen Marlene - You should probably read "The Sparrow" first. I didn't directly recommend it to you since I didn't know how you felt about a strong "speculative fiction" component. But it's an extraordinarily good book, especially if you were raised Catholic.

message 3: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Greteman Karen wrote: "Marlene - You should probably read "The Sparrow" first. I didn't directly recommend it to you since I didn't know how you felt about a strong "speculative fiction" component. But it's an extraordi..."

I'll definitely read The Sparrow first - and Children of God after - sounds very interesting and right up my alley...thanks