Chadijah Mastura's Reviews > Standing Alone: An American Woman's Struggle for the Soul of Islam

Standing Alone by Asra Nomani

Aug 30, 07

bookshelves: alreadyread

A must-read! This is a revolutionary book which sets a small path yet significant toward a peaceful living and better understanding among all humans. It shows the real face of Islam--Nomani said that she could be rated as ´Moslem Generation X´, but I think, indeed, she should be rated as Moslem Generation A: the real one. Because the ones who teach and spread hatred, violence and intolerance are actually the ones who should be called the X-Generation, the ones who misinterpreted and bended the teaching itself in the name of power, such as Osama bin Laden (I consider him as a ´kafir´ because no man had ever spread hatred and ambiguities toward God as he does).

I like the critic from BOOKLIST which said: "Ultimately, Nomani´s riveting, cogent, and inspiring account urges the moderate majority in all faiths to rescue their traditions from those who twist religion into a weapon of mass destrustion and terror." -- so true.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Standing Alone.