Pauline's Reviews > Choosing a Jewish Life: A Handbook for People Converting to Judaism and for Their Family and Friends

Choosing a Jewish Life by Anita Diamant

Sep 04, 11

bookshelves: religion-nonfiction
Read in March, 2009

This was my first Jewish related book that I read. The reason why it interested me is because a friend of mine is Jewish. I tend to read up on what other people are, in order for me to better understand certain aspects (thus is why I have a couple of Mormon books in my already-read list).

I just so happen to come across this book on a bookshelf of another friend of mine. I think this book is a starting point in getting to "know" the makeup of Judaism. I definately ALWAYS thought of Jewish/Judaism as a way of life (ethnic like) and not a faith, merely because there just seems to be many many things and rituals that fit into the Jewish life-style. And this particular book definately confirms.

I did find a number of things in the book repetative and some things I seek more questions on. I suppose this is where I start to ask the Jewish friend the questions for deeper meaning/purposes of sitautions and reasons! :-)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Choosing a Jewish Life.