Louise's Reviews > The Man Who Ate the 747

The Man Who Ate the 747 by Ben Sherwood

Apr 10, 09

bookshelves: fiction
Read in October, 2004

Hmmm...I wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did. I read Sherwood's second novel first, "The Death & Life of Charlie St. Cloud" and had to remind myself NOT to compare this quirky novel to that one, as I can't say enough about the Charlie St. Cloud story!!

Anyway, Wally Chubb decides to prove his love to a woman (Willa) by eating a 747 airplane that crash landed on his farm several years ago. Why Wally decides that doing this will finally gain Willa's attention after some 20 odd years of unrequited love, we do not know.

I can't tell much more as I don't want to ruin the story for others who may read this after me. But, Sherwood's character J.J., draws you in with random 'Book of Records' facts and gives you plenty of detail about the oddballs he deals with and the towns people.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man Who Ate the 747.

message 1: by Coralie (new) - added it

Coralie I also liked "Charlie St Cloud" better, but "THe Man Who Ate the 747" did grow on me. I had this one on my TBR list, but couldn't find it. Found "The Death and Life of Charlie St Cloud" first, so I ended up reading it before "The Man Who Ate the 747".

Louise I loved Charlie St. Cloud, it was such a fantastic story!

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,