Luann's Reviews > Somebody Else's Music

Mar 21, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, mystery
Read in March, 2009

This was a pretty creepy murder mystery and I thought the characters were well developed - but I really struggled with the author's writing style. I don't like tangents that go on for a page and a half and really don't have anything to do with the story. The biggest reason I picked up this book was because of the retired FBI profiler that was one of the main characters - but he was truly disappointing to me. He seemed quite aloof and very unsure of himself most of the time - perhaps that's more true to real life, but for a main character in a story I want a strong, confident profiler - this guy seemed to "stumble" on to most of his discovery's of the crime.
However, the part of the story I found the most disturbing was the abused wife who saw holiness in her abusive, alcoholic husband - I understand that many abused women blame themselves for the beatings they receive but I didn't think they would see their monster of a husband as an angel sent from God. Very odd.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Somebody Else's Music.