Beth's Reviews > The Dive From Clausen's Pier

The Dive From Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer

F_50x66
Aug 23, 07

This book sucks. It had potential - the plot centers around the question of what we owe those we love. The main character is a girl engaged to a man who becomes a paraplegic just after their relationship goes sour. Potential for a good read, right? The problem is that this becomes a novel about a girl trying to become a fashion designer in NY and the paraplegic boyfriend is left in the dust after all of 90 pages. Then it's all about fashion, and BAD fashion at that. The author lost me when she described this up-and-coming young woman as finding a man's silver earring sexy (which would never happen), and then described her slowly unbuttoning her love interest's "thick denim shirt." Eww! This is a novel about NY fashion that was clearly written by an author who knows nothing about the topic. The characters are shallow, obvious, and undeveloped. I can't bring myself to waste any more time on it, so at page 300, I quit. Screw you, Ann Packer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dive From Clausen's Pier.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Tricia I agree, I was really grossed out by her realtionship with the man in NY. Ann Packer got it all wrong with that.

Hannah I didn't hate this book with a passion, but I couldn't agree more about the bad fashion.