Ladiibbug's Reviews > Mackenzie's Mission

liked it
Recommended to Ladiibbug by: Author Larissa Ione
Read in March, 2009

*Loan from a Friend*

My first Linda Howard book.

Author Larissa Ione, a big favorite of mine with her Demonica series, talked about this 1992 book in her visit to the Desert Island Keepers blog (3/2/09), so I was tempted to read it (see link below).

First published in 1992. Air Force uber-alpha test pilot Joe Mackenzie meets physics PhD Caroline Evans on the super-secret Nevada test site while they're both working on a revolutionary military plane.

Joe is sigh-worthy and highly manly. Very well written. *sigh* Very alpha, very sexy, very likeable.

Keeping in mind this was first pub. in 1992, it's a good book, if the reader enjoys the book and overlooks the train wreck of constant sexual harrassment, both "good natured" and hostile, Caroline experiences the moment she walks into the office. I had to laugh a bit -- even in 1992, I'm pretty sure there were pretty strict sexual harrassment laws in effect. In real life, if Caroline had sued, she'd be a billionaire, what with the extreme, over the top case she'd win in a slam dunk New York minute! *laugh* For instance, Joe insists on her first or second day on the job that she allow him to kiss her in sight of other employees, so they'd know she was his, and leave her alone. *EEK!*

So I kinda skimmed to enjoy the Joe- and hot, steamy sex-related scenes :-)

Desert Island blog 3/2/09:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mackenzie's Mission.

Julie (jjmachshev) Oh Ladiibbug, as one who lived through those 90s, while there were laws...they were mostly bark without bite. We really have come a long way baby!

Susan (the other Susan) What sexual harassment? Surely you don't mean the part where he shows her a dossier on her background and demands to know why she's still a virgin! :-D