Suzanne's Reviews > Whispers and Lies

Whispers and Lies by Joy Fielding

Apr 24, 09

bookshelves: thriller, romance, bookmooch-book
Read in April, 2009

I do like thrillers and this was one of those!! The first few sentences really pull you in. "and she said that her name was Alison Simms." That made me kept my interest from page one.
the main character is a 40-something nurse who lives alone. She cared for her mother til her mother died. She didn't marry so was always lonely. There is a cottage(which she used to live in while her was alive)behind the main house. After her mom died, she would rent out the cottage. And then strange things would being to happen. Is she delirious about what's going on? Pretty strange bedfellows in this book.
She also started dating this one man but he decided to go back to his wife. This really irritated her. Everyone telling her what to do since she was a teenager. Her mother was always correcting her for everything.
She was never good enough. Well, she got back at everybody for everything and anything.
Read it and see if it reminds you of Arsenic and Old Lace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers and Lies.

04/19/2009 page 239
66.95% "I started this book on the way home from Memphis this afternoon. Really holds my interest."
04/20/2009 page 289
80.95% "not much reading today since we're home from our trip. hoping to finish it tonight."
04/20/2009 page 289
80.95% "not much reading today since I worked today. hope to finish it tonight."