Louise's Reviews > Puppet

Puppet by Joy Fielding

Apr 10, 09

bookshelves: mystery
Read in December, 2005

As usual, Fielding delivers a gripping mystery that is very, very well crafted. I thought I had the story figured out but, surprisingly, I was WRONG! lol

From dust jacket:

"Puppet features the beautiful Amanda Travis, a successful twenty-eight-year-old criminal attorney who wins just about every case for her less than admirable clientele. A Florida transplant, Amanda races through her glamorous life, her only concerns being herself, a good bottle of red, and her pristine Palm Beach condominium. Her estranged mother, dead father, two ex-husbands, a love that once consumed her, and countless one-night stands have since lagged far, far behind.

But when ex #1 won't stop calling, Amanda finally gives in. He tells her that her mother shot a man at point-blank range in the lobby of Toronto's Four Seasons hotel. Despite her best arguments, Amanda knows she must return to her hometown to face her demons and uncover the hidden facts behind her mother's violent outburst. All too soon, she is drawn into the dark, strange power her mother seems to hold over everyone. Her childhood nickname, Puppet, echoing in her ears, Amanda must finally confront the past in order to be free of the ties that bind and learn to stand on her own."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Puppet.