Louise's Reviews > The Client

The Client by John Grisham

Apr 10, 09

bookshelves: fiction
Read in April, 2006

What I've learned most from this book is that I don't particularily like nor enjoy novels written by John Grisham. I know, I know call me crazy because a bazillion other people in the world can't scoop his books up fast enough. Well, what can I say? To each his own.

"In a weedy lot on the outskirts of Memphis, two boys watch a shiny Lincoln pull up to the curb...

Elevent-year-old Mark Sway and his younger brother were sharing a forbidden cigarette when a chance encounter with a suicidal lawyer left Mark knowing a bloody and explosive secret: the whereabouts of the most sought-after dead body in America.

Now Mark is caught between a legal system gone mad and a mob killer desperate to cover up his crime. And his only ally is a woman named Reggie Love, who has been a lawyer for all of four years.

Prosecutors are willing to break all the rules to make Mark talk. The mob will stop at nothing to keep him quiet. And Reggie will do anything to protect her client - even take a last, desperate gamble that could win Mark his freedome...or cost them both their lives."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Client.