Heather's Reviews > The Missing

The Missing by Shiloh Walker

F 50x66
Mar 20, 09

Read in March, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This book was better than I was expecting it to be. My last experience with Shiloh Walker's books left me unsatisfied. But I picked this one up because I have a liking for psychics. The back interested me enough to give her another chance. While it wasn't the best, it was far better than Through the Veil. I'd give it 3.5 really.

Taige (I never could guess how this name was supposed to be pronounced) has a psychic ability that everyone, including herself, is afraid of. It isn't until she meets Cullen that she finds someone who accepts her for who she is. She falls in love and everything is great until his mother is murdered. He just can't get over the fact that she didn't get some psychic vision in time and he blames her for not saving his mother. So they don't speak for 12 years. Then his daughter is kidnapped and he needs Taige to save her.

I liked the first section of the book far better than the rest. While I was reading to find out how Cullen dumped Taige, I couldn't put it down. Then it got less interesting as it went to the present.

I didn't like that Taige forgave Cullen so easily for what he had done to her. I mean, he was brutal about the whole thing. Maybe it had been 12 years earlier but I know that I would not have been so quick to forgive that kind of behavior.

The book was pretty short and I didn't think the characters were as developed as they could have been. The girl was barely kidnapped before they found her with no problems at all. Of course, the book was really about the two people getting back together, but the mystery was a little weak. I never could tell if the clues in the book were that good or if it was just so predictable, but I figured out the whole thing by the middle of the book. I knew in the beginning that the dream she had of the girl would be the daughter (no big surprise because the back tells as much) and I knew when they found the girl that Taige's uncle would be the killer. It was confirmed for me when he randomly popped back up in the book when she was an adult.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing.