DarkHeart "Vehngeance"'s Reviews > Bad Moon Rising

Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 07, 09

bookshelves: a-sherrilyn_kenyon, 2009, paranormal-romance, shifters
Read in August, 2009

I've really been looking forward to this book, as the were hunters tend to be my favorites in the Dark Hunter world and I loved the glimpses we'd had of Fang and Aimee in previous books. That being said, this wasn't quite as good as I was hoping.

A large part of the book covers story lines from previous books - primarily Vane's and Wren's. I didn't mind this as we were seeing the story from Fang and Aimee's perspectives. However, there was a considerable amount of moving forward in time and it all felt a bit disjointed and rushed and as a result, didn't flow as well as it could have.

There were a few things raised in the book that were later left undealt with which bothered me, including aspects of Aimee's abilities and the mention of a character who then later never made an appearance. If it was simply set-up for future books, it felt a bit heavy handed for something that wasn't going to be adressed in this story.

I liked Thorn and look forward to possibly seeing more of him. Savitar's character doesn't appeal anymore to me than it ever has though. What I'd really like to see is Dev's story - and the amount of time he got in the book leads me to believe he will likely get his own book in the future.

Overall I enjoyed the story, but I think it could have been better. It hasn't changed my opinion that the series peaked with Acheron.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Moon Rising.