Juan's Reviews > Peak

Peak by Roland Smith

Mar 19, 09

Peak is a great action/adventure book! Its a heart pumping, skin splitting, gut busting action/ adventure book. This book is about a 14-year old teenage boy named Peak who lives in New York City. He loves to scale buildings illegaly. He gets sentenced to three years of probation. Luckily his famous mountain climber Father Joshua Wood takes him in and Peak now has to spend the next three years with Father in Thailand. Just as Peak thinks everthings going wrong his Father presents him with the chance to climb one of the tallest mountains in the world........... Mount Everest! Peak is elited with this oppurtunity. Peak thinks its a great oppurtunity to climb the tallest mountain in the world and to do it with his Father. Now Peaks in a race against time, as he tries to become the youngest person ever in history to climb Mount Everest. Peaks has to try to make it to the top before his 15-Birthday! Get ready for the mountain climb of a lifetime! The author used great details to explain and express what Peak was actually felling. For example, "My head throbbed. My arms and legs ached. And I had four fingernails split all the way down the middle. It felt like some had set them on fire." I would strongly recommend this book to anyone that likes a great and exciting action/adventure book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peak.